I speak to a lot of Bayside women about their health and there are some very common threads.
Most talk about not feeling themselves – lacking that spring-in-their-step that they once had. They talk about struggling with weight, motivation, sleep, menopause and eating habits.
Below I’ve listed 23 things that really work when it comes to transforming your health.
- Decide that you are worth it.
- Decide that you deserve it.
- Ask for help – you don’t need to do it alone.
- Make your exercise fun, fun, fun. Did i mention fun?
- Do a total of 90 minutes of targeted weight training per week – nothing less or nothing more.
- Green smoothies for breakfast – kale, spinach, avocado, coconut water, chia seeds, banana, dates, nuts – yum!
- A glass of lemon water as soon as you wake up
- Avoid gluten all together.
- Avoid chocolate all together…………..kidding!!! Just don’t eat a block a day, because let’s face it we
ALL know that is 100% doable. Choose 80% cocao. You can get away with eating that every day and it won’t effect your weight.
- Take a practitioner Magnesium supplement with dinner for sleep and energy.
- Choose almond or coconut milk over regular cows milk.
- Eat low Glycemic carbs (sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice) and avoid over-doing the sugar.
- Nourish your body with high quality food – don’t starve it with crazy diets.
- Eat lots of good fats – organic butter, coconut oil, avocado
- Understand that this is a long term game
- Ask yourself “can i sustain this for the next 5-10 years?” If yes, that’s a great plan!
- Learn to be kinder to yourself – letting go of expectations and judgments
- Practice being more loving to yourself.
- Learn to quiet your mind and switch off for at least 15 minutes per day.
- Practice mindfulness meditation every day.
- Use lavender essential oil on your skin (temples and neck) before bed.
- Avoid using face and skin creams every single day as they are toxic.
- Just try to be 1% better each day.
I hope that is helpful.
Have a great day 🙂