I hope you’re surviving the whole “snow” feel today in Melbourne – wow it’s cold. I’m hoping one day I’ll be able to ski myself down to the studio.
I speak to a lot of Bayside women about their health and there are some very common threads.
Most talk about not feeling themselves – that energetic, spring-in-their-step that they once had….
Below I’ve listed 23 things that really work when it comes to transforming your health.
- Decide that you are worth it.
- Decide that you deserve it.
- Ask for help – you don’t need to do it alone.
- Make your exercise fun, fun, fun. Did i mention fun?
- Do a total of 90 minutes of targeted weight training per week – nothing less or nothing more.
- Green smoothies for breakfast – kale, spinach, avocado, coconut water, chia seeds, banana, dates, nuts – yum!
- A glass of lemon water as soon as you wake up
- Avoid gluten all together.
- Avoid chocolate all together…………..kidding!!! Just don’t eat a block a day, because let’s face it we
ALL know that is 100% doable.
- Take a practitioner Magnesium supplement with dinner
- Choose almond or coconut milk over dairy.
- Eat low Glycemic carbs (sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice) and avoid over-doing the sugar.
- Nourish your body with high quality food – don’t starve it with crazy diets.
- Eat lots of good fats – organic butter, coconut oil, avocado
- Understand that this is a long term game
- Ask yourself “can i sustain this for the next 5-10 years?” If yes, that’s a great plan!
- Learn to be kinder to yourself – letting go of expectations and judgments
- Practice being more loving to yourself.
- Learn to quiet your mind and switch off for at least 15 minutes per day.
- Practice mindfulness meditation every day.
- Use lavender essential oil on your skin (temples and neck) before bed.
- Avoid using face and skin creams every single day as they are toxic.
- Just try to be 1% better each day.
I hope that is helpful.
Have a great day 🙂